Lortz designs and manufactures ASME pressure vessels and API tanks. ASME pressure vessels are designed to Section VIII, Division 1 and Division 2 utilizing state of the art software. Our Senior Pressure Vessel Engineer has more than 30 years of pressure vessel design experience for both ASME Section VIII Division 1 and Division 2 designs. Lortz utilizes SolidWorks design software that is integrated with SigmaNest for error free fabrication; optimum material utilization, and swift material processing. Lortz Quality Assurance capabilities fully support all of the quality disciplines required for high quality pressure vessel manufacture and testing.
- ASME Section VIII Division 1
- ASME Section VIII Division 2
- API 650 & 620
- Shell Thickness
- In-house – Carbon Steel: 2.5 inch, Alloy: 2 inch
- Strategic Alliance: 7 inch
- Diameters to 20 feet
- Vessel Weight to 200 tons
- Clad Vessels: All weldable Reactive Materials and Corrosion Resistant Alloys.
- Welding: latest welding processes, including “Narrow Gap Welding” under the direction of our Chief Welding Engineer.
The Lortz Engineering Team is 21 Associates strong, 3 MSME, 6 BSME, 5 experienced Project Managers, and 8 SolidWorks Detailers. The Pressure Vessel Engineering Team has 16 years average experience in pressure vessel design and fabrication.
During the proposal stage, each pressure vessel inquiry is analyzed and an engineer assigned to develop the pressure vessel design utilizing Codeware’s Compress software. Lortz does not “short-cut” engineering analysis in developing a proposal.
Each Pressure Vessel order is assigned to a Lortz Project Manager that is involved from day one. The Project Manager is responsible for the entire order scope from order receipt through shipment. MS Project Schedules are created and managed for each project.
When required Lortz Engineering will provide PE certified drawings and calculations.
Engineering software used by Lortz includes:
- Codeware Compress and Coster
- Coade Code Calc ASME Appendix 26 Metal Expansion Joint Analysis
- Coade Caesar II Piping Analysis
- Cosmos Finite Element Analysis
- SolidWorks Design & Modeling
- FLEXXCHECK Bellows Design Analysis SOLIDWORKS advantages
- Collaboration with customers through the use of eDrawings and other integrated design communication tools to facilitate swift development of optimum end use application design solutions.
- Import and export of more than 25 2D and 3D file formats directly to and from SolidWorks for almost unlimited customer interaction of designs.
- Photorealistic renderings and animations for improved understanding of the final manufactured part.
- Drawing interference detection during design to prevent drawing errors prior to manufacture.
- Substantial reduction in rework and scrap during manufacturing operations.
- Optimal use of raw materials through automatic “nesting” interface.
Quality Assurance and Operational Excellence are important foundations of Lortz’ 60 years of success in business.
Lortz has built a solid reputation with customers based on operational excellence and high quality products and service.
Lortz’ Quality Management System is in compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ASME Section VIII and Lortz holds ASME “U”, “S”, “R”, “PP” and National Board “NB” certificates.
We have invested in state of the art inspection and NDE equipment that includes:
- Dimensional Inspection -FARO “X” Laser Tracker CMM System
- Positive Material Identification “PMI” -Nitton XL3T XRF Analyzer
- Ultrasonic Inspection -GE Phasor XS
- Video Imaging Boroscope -Olympus iPLEX FX
- Digital Pressure Gages -Crystal XP2i
- Hardness Tester -Equotip 3
Lortz Manufacturing Company has implemented an advanced welding technology program that has been enthusiastically endorsed by all of the Lortz Welding Team. The program emphasizes control of all welding processes to approved welding procedures assuring the highest quality, consistent welding results.
Lortz’ Quality Management System is in compliance with ISO 9001:2000 and ASME Section VIII Division 1 and Division 2, and Lortz holds ASME “U”, “S”, “R”, “PP” and National Board “NB” certificates. We have invested in state of the art inspection and NDE equipment that includes:
- “One touch” weld parameter set up in compliance with qualified weld procedures.
- Wireless transmitters monitored remotely for weld procedure compliance and overall Welder performance.
- Automatic shut down of machines when weld procedure parameters are violated.
- Remote programming of weld procedures into each welding machine
- Multiple Process Capability – GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, SMAW.
- Welding machine self-diagnostics for ease in trouble shooting and minimizing down time.
The Lortz Welding Team welders are qualified to ASME Section IX and AWS D1.1
Lortz has more than 30 years experience with oversized and heavy truck transportation. We utilize our own fleet of trucks and specialty trailers. When necessary, Lortz utilizes the services of specialty carriers. Our transport expertise allows us to provide timely assistance to customers for total freight coordination beginning in the proposal stage.